Upgrading Chicago theme to version 1.1.0
You are about to upgrade Chicago theme from old version to latest version ( 1.1.0 ) and this article will make things clear.
A week ago a new theme call Chicago ( same as us ) has been released at the WordPress.org repository, both theme has the same name and update notification feature so there is conflict between them when a update available.
NOTE: Before update the theme please take a full backup of the site.
- Install and active ChicagoRestaurant theme via Appearance -> Themes or thought FTP.
- Delete your old theme Chicago
- Manual Update Visual Composer plugin to latest version, read this guide: https://wpcharming.ticksy.com/article/4635/
After three steps above, check your site and if your site menu and widgets are missing or replaced :
- Go to Appearance -> Menu, select your menu and stick to Primary or Footer right menu.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets, look at Inactive Widget section, select your widget to widget areas again because the theme has changed.
Chicago Child theme update:
- Change your child theme name to ChicagoRestaurant-child
- Change your child theme style.css header to :
Theme Name: Chicago Restaurant Child
Theme URI: http://www.wpcharming.com/themes/chicago
Description: Chicago Restaurant Chicago Child Theme
Author URI: http://www.wpcharming.com
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Text Domain: wpcharming
Tags:two-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, light, responsive-layout, custom-background, custom-colors, custom-header, custom-menu, featured-image-header, featured-images, flexible-header, full-width-template, sticky-post, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready